Zodiaq® is a registered brand of engineered stone made by DuPont, which is made up of of 93% crushed and crystal quartz. Quartz is one of the hardest minerals in the world, rating a 7 in the Mohs hardness scale. The remaining 7% is acrylic resin, colors and binders. Production happens in DuPont’s Thetford Mines Granirex plant in Canada. Architects, interior designers and discerning homeowners that want the look of luxury prefer Zodiaq® because of its look of elegance and luxury.
A unique feature of the Zodiaq® is the inclusion of pure quartz crystals in the mix, which lends the surface the radiance of diamonds and much of its hardness. It is visually striking and even mesmerizing under the right light conditions, and it is sure to become the centerpiece in any room. Zodiaq® quartz surfaces are available in many colors and patterns, and accredited fabricators and installers will have no problem custom cutting and installing it for any design and any number or no seams.
In addition, Zodiaq® is a green product. It is GREENGUARD Certified®, which means that it is a low-emitting material. Adhesives and sealants used with Zodiaq® are guaranteed to at least meet guidelines for acceptable levels of volatile organic compounds, and are both non-allergenic and nontoxic to people. Homeowners and builders with an eye on environmentally friendly products will be sure to appreciate the fact that Zodiaq® countertops and other surface products make use of available materials instead of quarrying for new ones. In fact, the New Terra Collection colors contain 25% recycled materials. They do not even have to sacrifice performance; Zodiaq® is remarkable in being both tough and beautiful.